The Best Rat Exterminators in Exton
If you have ever seen a rat dart across your floor or heard one scurry in your attic at night, you know that rats can be a troublesome problem for Exton homeowners. According to the National Pest Management Association, rats are the most troublesome and costly rodents in the United States. They pose a serious threat to public health and property. A rat infestation can occur when just a few rats take up residence in your home, office, or warehouse. They reproduce quickly and can cause significant damage to your property and spread disease.
The dangers of rats in your home
Rats are one of the most feared pests in the world. And for good reason. They are known to transmit deadly diseases, including lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCMV), hantavirus, tularemia, salmonellosis, and leptospirosis.
They can also cause severe damage to your home by chewing through wires and insulation. By doing so, rats also are a common cause of electrical fires.
In addition, rats' urine and droppings can contaminate food and surfaces, leading to the spread of disease.
Some people are also allergic to rats’ fur and dander, which means that even the presence of a rat in your home could cause an allergic reaction.
Finally, rats can be aggressive and bite if they feel threatened, leading to infection. If you suspect you have a rat problem in your home, you must call a professional pest control company immediately. Rats are very prolific breeders, and their populations can quickly spiral out of control.
How to identify a rat problem
Rats are one of the most common pests in the United States, and they can be a big problem for homeowners. If you think you might have a rat problem, there are a few things you can look for to be sure, and if you see any of these signs, it’s best to call a pest control professional who can help get rid of the rats for good.
- One of the first things to look for is droppings. Rats tend to leave small, dark droppings wherever they travel, so if you see any in your home, it’s a good sign that you have rats.
- You might also hear rats scratching around in your walls or ceiling; they’re very good at climbing, so they can get into all sorts of places.
- Rats, unfortunately, leave behind really strong-skelling urine behind them. Their urine’s odor is of ammonia due to its makeup.
- If you have chew marks on your property, it's a sure sign that you have a rat problem. Rats are rodents known to chew on almost anything, including wood, insulation, and even electrical wires. Chew marks are one of the most obvious signs that you have a rat problem, and they can be found inside and outside your home.
Tips for preventing rats
As the weather gets colder, rats are looking for warm places to nest. Here are some tips to prevent rats from making your home their own:
- Seal any cracks or holes on the outside of your home. Rats can fit through surprisingly small spaces, so it's important to check for any gaps around windows, doors, pipes, and vents.
- Keep your yard clean and free of debris. If rats have somewhere to hide in your yard, they're more likely to try to make their way into your home.
- Don't leave food out in the open. Rats are attracted to food sources, so be sure to keep all food in sealed containers or in the fridge.
- Remove any water sources. Rats need water to survive, so getting rid of any standing water around your property will help deter them from moving in.
When to call an expert exterminator
When you see a single rat in your home, it's time to call an exterminator. Rats are known to carry diseases and can contaminate your food supply. If you see more than one rat, there is likely a nest nearby. Exterminators will be able to identify the type of rats infesting your home and determine the best course of action to get rid of them.
In conclusion, if you're looking for the best pest control company to help rid your Exton home of rodents, look no further than ECPC Pest Control. They have the experience and expertise to get the job done quickly and efficiently, so you don’t have to put up with annoying rats taking up residence with you!